Sometimes, life gets in the way of making it to your favorite Indian restaurant in Nashua. When you’re craving deliciously spiced chicken kebabs, don’t fret! Here’s a recipe to make at home in the meantime. Don’t worry, the delicious food at India Palace will be waiting for next time! Thus, let’s get cooking some savory Chicken Tikka Kebabs!
What You’ll Need
Many of the spices needed for this recipe can be found in the average supermarket. But, you can also purchase a Tikka spice blend if you don’t want to make your own.
- 1.75 lb Chicken breast cut into chunks
- 1 Red Onion cut into pieces
- 1 Yellow Pepper cut into pieces
- Half a Lemon (juice only)
- 4 Tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
Homemade Tikka Spice Blend
- One pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Mild chili powder
Getting To Work
- Put the pieces of chicken breast into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Tikka spice ingredients.
- Add the yogurt, Tikka spices, and lemon juice to the chicken.
- Mix well and put into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Soak your wooden or bamboo skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. When the chicken has marinated, remove it from the fridge.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers along with some chunks of red onion and yellow pepper.
- Place the kebabs onto a rack and put them in the oven for 20 minutes. Halfway through, flip the kebabs over.
- Transfer the kebabs under a grill or broiler at medium heat for 10 minutes. After 5 minutes of cooking, flip them over.
- Lastly, serve with a fresh salad or chutney of your choice!
Something to remember, if you want a strong flavor, leave the chicken marinating for at four hours. Also, if you want more spice, add chili powder to the spice mix.
Top Nashua Restaurant – India Palace
If you’re craving delicious kebabs and authentic Indian cuisine, come to India Palace! For over two decades, we’ve been the top Nashua restaurant for authentic Indian dining. Visit our website for our menu or online ordering. Have any questions? Call us at 603-891-1140.